Digitalis Ventures invests in solutions to complex problems in health. We partner with entrepreneurs, scientists, and investors across all stages of company development. Our firm comprises technical professionals with deep industry experience and networks in diverse areas related to human and animal health. Through domain expertise and a dedication to the entrepreneurial process, we are deeply committed to helping our portfolio companies scale their impact on the world.
Digitalis Ventures is seeking an Accounting Manager to assist in all finance activities related to venture fund accounting. This role is a tremendous opportunity for an individual with the skills, experience, and drive to help build the Fund Finance team at Digitalis Ventures.
The Accounting Manager role includes, but is not limited to the following activities:
Accounting and reporting
• Produce quarterly and annual audited financial statements.
• Assist in all operations of the funds and related entities, including capital calls, distributions, management fee calculations, general ledger entries, and reporting.
• Oversee the preparation and review of year-end tax returns and K-1s.
• Provide timely reporting for L.P. meetings.
• Understand performance metrics and partner’s capital allocations.
• Assist with various ad hoc requests and projects throughout the year.
• Maintain comprehensive financial information on the investment portfolio.
• Collaborate with deal team to prepare quarterly valuations of portfolio companies and ensure accuracy and completeness of the data.
• Assist with the forecast and planning of fund reserves.
• Understand performance metrics and interest in valuations.
Fund Finance administration
• Oversight and primary relationship manager for Digitalis Ventures’ banking partners.
• Assist in developing internal controls/standard operating procedures.
General office management
• B.A. or B.S Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• High degree of ownership and accountability.
• Desire to learn.
• Attention to detail and commitment to information accuracy and quality.
• Ability to partner across the Digitalis Ventures team and with external partners efficiently and constructively.
• Strong Excel and financial modeling skills.
• 6+ years of experience in a combination of public accounting, venture capital and/or private equity asset management. Prior experience with venture capital firms strongly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently.
• Positive and proactive mindset.
who we are
Digitalis Ventures backs founders solving critical problems in health. To advance its mission of creating a healthier world through the life sciences and healthcare technology, Digitalis Ventures has built a multidisciplinary team of investors, combined with an expansive, long-term network of entrepreneurs, academic institutions, and co-investors. The firm creates and invests in early-stage companies across the healthcare ecosystem with the goal of supporting them through multiple rounds of financing. Digitalis is based in New York City, with investors in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Gainesville, and Zurich.
Digitalis Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits
• Expected annual base pay of $115,000 to $135,000 (pay may vary based on experience or other relevant factors)
• 401(k) company match
• Flexible and hybrid remote/in-person schedule
• Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits
Cover letters and CVs should be sent to the link below (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.